Suicide should never be an option; there are always solutions. Having suicidal thoughts can happen to anyone. If you are experiencing a situation of despair that is leading you to consider suicide, do not hesitate to consult and ask for help. Several resources are available. A competent and attentive person will offer you confidential and quality services.
- Suicide prevention : 1 866 CALLS (277-3553)
- Info-Santé / Info-Social : 811
You can contact your doctor or go to a CLSC service point to obtain help from a psychosocial intervener.
Suicide prevention centres
Suicide prevention centres offer numerous services in intervention, prevention and postvention. Their services apply to people in distress, their loved ones, to people grieving due to a suicide and also for professionals working in the public health and social services network, the private sector and in the schools and communities:
- Telephone help line;
- Reminder and telephone follow-up;
- Face to face intervention;
- Support for individuals grieving the loss of a loved one through suicide;
- Close follow-up for individuals at high risk for suicide;
- Support for workers in the field.