Oncology services are available in each MRC of the region with a medical requisition. They offer chemotherapy and other cancerology treatments.
- Access to the pivot nurse when a cancer diagnosis is announced;
- Access to an interdisciplinary team dedicated to the clientele during the entire care episode;
- Access to consultation and treatment services in chemotherapy as well as services in specialised medical and professional consultations;
- Nurses duly trained in oncology administer the treatment in the ambulatory clinic;
- Access to research protocols in oncology;
- Volunteers to greet the clientele.
Traveling for treatment outside of the region
Users required to travel for radiation therapy treatment have access to a financial assistance travel program. To learn more, click here.
Need assistance and support?
Whether for support, an attentive listener, accompaniment or respite, you can contact your local CLSC to obtain a list of agencies in your area.
|Canadian Cancer Society||Accéder au site internet|
|Québec Cancer fondation||Accéder au site internet|
|LEUCAN - Association for children with cancer||Accéder au site internet|