General social services (SSG):
- General social services are responsible for responding to anyone who contacts the CISSS de l’Abitibi-Témiscamingue (CLSC) to obtain a response to a psychosocial or social need and to direct them to the appropriate services.
- General social services respond to individuals who present situational and temporary problems that require short term intervention (individuals, families or groups).
- Psychosocial telephone consultation 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (Info-Social);
- Crisis intervention in their living environment 24 hours a day, 7 days a week;
- Social consultation.
- Immediate or short term social consultation to maintain or improve the health and well-being of the population;
- Family and couples intervention;
- Suicide risk assessment;
- Prevention and screening of problems related to conjugal violence and sexual assaults;
- Intervention related to behavior risks and social problems of individuals.
Psychosocial telephone consultation service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week: dial 811 – option 2 to speak to an intervener at Info-Social.
- With or without an appointment, go to a CLSC service point to meet with an intervener.
- Consult your family doctor.
If a situation becomes urgent and demands immediate attention, dial 911 or go directly to a hospital Emergency department.