You have recently been a victim of sexual assault or have been in the past? Help is available to you.
Abitibi-Témiscamingue: support organizations for victims of sexual violence
Consultation at the Emergency department
If the sexual assault has been recent, go to the Emergency department as soon as possible.
For those under the age of 18
At all times, you must alert the Youth Protection Directorate of any situations where you suspect that a child under 18 has been a victim of sexual abuse: 1 800 567-6405
Assistance and support services
Regardless of the time passed since the assault or your age, you can always consult:
- To obtain information;
- To obtain support;
- To treat the wounds;
- To screen for and treat sexually transmitted or blood borne infections (STBBI);
- To prevent or confirm a pregnancy;
- To decide to lay charges or not;
- To collect proof of the sexual abuse;
- To reduce the consequences of the sexual abuse.
Consult psychosocial services.