I am pregnant
Pregnancy follow-up and support
To have a smooth delivery, the CISSS de l'Abitibi-Témiscamingue offers you a complete array of services.
To obtain more information on meetings available nearest you, contact your CLSC.
Obstetrics and gynecology
Before consulting in obstetrics or gynecology, it is preferable to consult with your family doctor. Your doctor will prescribe the basic tests and ensure a medical follow-up.
If you do not have a family doctor, consult the list of medical clinics.
The OLO program
The OLO program (Eggs-Milk-Oranges) offers nutritive food supplements to pregnant women and mothers of infants as well as personalized follow-up during the pregnancy and breastfeeding periods. This program is for women of low family income. To learn more about this support program or to see if you are eligible, contact your CLSC.
I am under 20 years old
If you will be under 20 years old when your child is born, you can benefit from support to meet your needs during your pregnancy and during your child’s first years.
Contact your CLSC to learn about programs that are right for you.
I want to breastfeed
To obtain information and support on breastfeeding your baby, contact the nurse responsible for prenatal meetings at the CLSC or the nurse who will contact you when you return home after the birth of your child.
Also, we can connect you with community partners who promote and provide support for breastfeeding.
- Page "Allaitement"
- Suivi de grossesse : les visites et les différents tests à passer (French only)
- From tiny tot to toddler - Institut national de santé publique
- Normal pregnency follow up - Association des obstétriciens et gynécologues du Québec
- The Society of Obstetricians and Gynecologists of Canada
- Folic Acid: Are you getting enough?
- The sensible guide to a healthy pregnancy