Residential and long-term care centres (CHSLD) is a residential resource offered to adults who fit a geriatric profile and elderly individuals who, due to great loss of autonomy, can no longer reside at home, despite support services from family and the community:
- Persons with physical and cognitive impairment;
- Persons with a progressive disease;
- Persons with permanent loss of autonomy.
The following services are available according to needs, within a living environment perspective:
- Medical services;
- Nursing care;
- Personal assistance services;
- Pharmaceutical services;
- Foods and nutrition services;
- Palliative care;
- Habilitation and rehabilitation services;
- Psychosocial services;
- Pastoral services;
- Animation services;
- Laundry services;
- Hygiene and cleanliness services;
- Maintenance services.
To obtain these services, contact the CLSC nearest you.