Welcome to the habilitation, rehabilitation and social integration program for children and adolescents aged 0 to 17 with a language impairment.
- Your child has difficulty speaking or being understood by his family or by persons that they interact with in different settings (Daycare, school, sports activities, etc.)?
- Your child does not understand your directions?
We offer specialised services in habilitation, rehabilitation and technical aids to children, adolescents aged 0 to 17 affected by:
- Primary language impairment (dysphasia);
- Neurological language impairment;
- Verbal dispraxia;
- Auditory processing disorder;
- A strong suspicion about one of the disorders previously mentioned sparked by the CISSS.
An essential collaboration
The success of the habilitation and rehabilitation approach at Centre de réadaptation en déficience intellectuelle, trouble du spectre de l’autisme et déficience physique rests on the collaboration and involvement of the families, on the participation of the user in their treatment and on the integration of these skills in their different living environments.
The individual involved in the rehabilitation process is considered as the key agent to change. They occupy a place of importance in the decision making process and their opinion is solicited during the different stages of the rehabilitation process.
A team of dynamic specialists and important partners
Our professional and competent specialists will work with the individual, the child or adolescent and their family to reach the established objectives within their intervention plan or to meet the needs for technical aids. They are audiologists, specialised educators, speech language pathologists, social workers, psychologists or mechanics (for the technical aids sector). Other professionals could be integrated into the team according to the needs.
Always within a comprehensive approach, our interveners establish ties with hospitals, the CLSC or other healthcare facilities of the region, as well as in daycares, schools, and municipal and community environments.